Donald Byres | Nov 2, 2018
Did you know know that new ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) plugs and breakers don’t work with most Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)? However, with our CPEDA and KBDA VFDs all you need to do is change a parameter to make them compatible with GFCIs.
To begin, plug in your pump and have it in run mode; you can tell it’s in run mode when you adjust the knob and the speed increases.
- Push the Program/Display button once; the 2nd zero should now be flashing.
- Push Reset button twice until the 4th zero is flashing.
- Push the Up arrow 4 times to change it to parameter 4. It should read 0004.
- Push the Read/Enter button once to read the parameter.
- If the display displays 0000 it means it is set up for a non-GFCI circuit.
- Change that parameter setting to 1 by pushing the up arrow once. It should now read 0001.
- Push Read/Enter and the display should flash END for 1 second.
- Press Program/Display once more to go back to Display mode.
- The VFD is now changed to operate on a GFCI circuit.
Now you are ready to go with your GFCI plug or breaker. That’s all there is to it!
Any Questions feel free to call us during business hours M-F 8am-4pm PT.